- When: 06/02/2016
- Participation fee: 30 euros
- Duration: 4 hours (11:00-15:00)
- Subscription and more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
The soap production in recent years has expanded and has become one of the most popular and interesting hobbies in the world. Through international networks have been created communities in many countries, which exchange ideas and methods for making soap.
Greece, due to the large production of olive oil, has a long tradition in the manufacture of soap, especially with the hot method. The modern cold method of making soap ensures that all the nutrients important for the skin and hair stay in the final product. All the beneficial ingredients of the materials that we use as well as natural glycerin are generated during saponification.
The seminar will use organic olive oil (cold pressed) and other oils that we choose for their characteristics. We will use herbs and natural colors and also we will learn to flavor our soaps with pure essential oils.
The seminar consists of the following:
- History of soap ü Ingredients of soap
- Characteristics of olive oil and other essential oils
- Cosmetic and therapeutic characteristics of soap
- Table saponification and how we use it to make our own soap
- Herbs – characteristics and how we use them
- Natural coloring (herbs and spices)
- Essential oils
- How do we measure the Ph
- Body soap making from olive oil and goat's milk